Saturday, August 22, 2009

Lava Beds National Park

This is the Lava Beds National Park in Tulelake CA. Chris and I learned a lot of cool stuff about the area and it's history that I have already forgotten. We had a ton of fun exploring and it was a great workout. I know this was back in June because I remember still being sore from the relay.

Chris is sure that 200 years ago when these petroglifs were made it was just the village idiot doodling.




One of my favorite wild flowers, Indian Paint Brush.

Inside a cave with the flash on.









Hippie Ice Cave - or something like that.





Inside a cave with out flash :)




Looking down a chimney.Me looking down the chimney.


3 comments:

  1. So, baby names are still undetermined. It's amazing how hard it actually is to pick a name. But a few that we've tossed around are: Silas, Thatcher, Preston, and Anders. But we'll see where those go :) A couple friends of mine here are throwing me a baby shower in November - I think around the 19th or so...I can't remember because no plans have really been set since it's still a little ways away. Do you how far it is between us? It would be so great if you could come...or we totally need to hang out sometime soon! It looks like you and Chris are having tons of fun adventures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're having a great time. We were just talking with some friends this evening saying it would be fun to visit you this winter when we are sick of the snow and go to the Alcatraze. Perfect timeing to see you and the kiddo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The indian paintbrush always reminds me of cousin hikes when we would lag behind and get botony lessons from Doug :)

    ReplyDelete