Sunday, March 7, 2010

Home Again

It snowed a few times while we were in K Falls but Stark doesn't care what the weather is like outside, he still needs to run.

Chris and I are working at eating better, including homemade vs store bought. So we made a bunch of meals and froze them so he can have an easy dinner after school. We made veggie lasagna, my first lasagna and it was great! I "beefed" up some spaghetti sauce with some ground turkey and lots of veggies. And we made a pot roast too!  
It felt great to leave and feel like I was still making sure Chris had a good meal to eat. By the way, anyone have advice for cooking a Turkey? Just looking at what I was going to have to do to it was making me sick.


When I drive back to Seattle I leave EARLY on Thursdays. This is one of my favorite places along the drive and I get there just after sun rise. I had to stop to take a picture. 

7 comments:

  1. Nice job on freezing homemade meals! I really need to get better at cooking now that I have the time, especially since I have some major baby weight to lose. Plus, you can only benefit from eating healthier! How much longer do you think you'll be in Seattle? I bet you can't wait to live with your hubby full time again! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the dog on the treadmill, that's a funny picture!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Look at you get all caught up! I like the snowy picture. Beautiful! (But then I think about all that snow and I get concerned that you're driving through it. Don't crash.:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that picture of the mt. So pretty. I love all the updates. Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How big is your freezer? (ie. how many turkeys fit in there?!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. There's one turkey in there, and it's still there. I haven't worked up the courage to stick my hand you know where.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hahaha Jocie...you are SO funny!! The first time you finally stick your hand "you know where," you will find out it isn't THAT bad!! A lot of times, you can find just the turkey breast on sale. Since it is just you and Chris right now, that may actually be a little better for you guys. Do you want me to send you some recipes? I use www.recipezaar.com ALL the time and it is a lifesaver!

    ReplyDelete