Thursday, September 6, 2012

Ragnar Relay

I ran in the Ragnar Relay race this July with family. We had a great time and I'm ready to do it again.  We ran in honor of our family friend's one year old son who was recently diagnosed with cancer. 
I ran in van 2 with Mom, Nate, Jeffrey, Aleasha, and Janae. 

I did the double R and yeah, it's crooked. 


Janae made sure the van was well decorated.



 The numbers below our names are the miles we ran in each leg. We crossed them off as we finished them, oh goodie I love checklists.

Unfortunately it was raining and our paint was not rain proof. Until two days before the race the forecast was hot and sunny. I was really starting to worry about overheating while running. Thankfully Janae warned me of the weather update before I packed my bag. 
 Yes, I had the best hair there thanks to Janae. This lasted through two runs! Thanks Janae!
 Jeffrey's warm ups would have warn me out. He always ended up doing something that made me giggle so I had to try to catch a little. A half second later we saw Nate coming around the corner and Jeffrey was off.
All of my videos are sideways, apparently I didn't figure that out after recording Mom's sideways finish at her half marathon. So if the video works, just tilt the screen.
 They look way too cute to have been running all day and all night. Love these girls.
 The exchanges were always bustling with excitement. It was fun to see a variety of decorated vans and runners.

This was our view of our competition while we were waiting for one of the runners to go by.

No comments:

Post a Comment