Sunday, May 10, 2009

20 Laps

On Friday I ran my first 5 miles in around 7 years. I had run on the track the day before to get my time for the relay race but only had time to run 3 miles. I kept an 11 minute mile pace and was proud of that. I wasn't sure if I could keep it up for 5 miles and didn't want to round up on my entry form because then I would run at the rounded up time. So though I was sore from my 3 mile run the day before I went back to the track motivated to run 5 miles in 55 minutes. I usually don't listen to an ipod when I run because as they say in Bride Wars I try to be comfortable with my own thoughts but today I was needing the extra umph. I turned on Fall Out Boy and ended up dance-running my way around the track. I kept the 11 minute mile pace with my 5th mile being the fastest. I was very proud of myself for making a goal and keeping it. It helped me realize I spend most of my day limiting myself because of fear and lowered expectations. It reminded me that I have been blessed with an able body and that I have many more miles to go.

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like you are doing great Jocelyn! Keep up the good work! Don't you love it when you realize you are able to achieve your goal?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's funny how little 'insignificant' things like running can get you motivated in life. That's why I've learned to love it. Not because it feels good, or because it's easy. Because it gives me a sense of accomplishment. Way to go.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dang gina! Nice work! Wish I could be as motivated as you to run...haha

    ReplyDelete